5 Spring / Summer trends for under £100
While everyone’s talking about suede and shades of tan (see That M&S Skirt), I just can’t see the point of easily damaged suede and would rather not spend £200 on a garment that will look dated next season. I’m also not overly keen on the particular brand of 70s style that seems to be back in style for the summer months. Having also become sick of magazines featuring clothing with price tags that have 3 or 4 digits before the decimal point, I decided to come up with some affordable nods to the trends that have got me excited for SS15. Everything here is under £100, which is much better for my payday budget.
1) Clashing Florals – I’m not really sure how to do clashing prints, but I reckon that Wolf & Whistle’s red and navy floral trousers would probably go really well with the Poppy Lux rosella floral top available from Joy.
2) Broderie Anglaise – For this trend, I say ditch the easily dirtied white and go for the gorgeous raspberry pink Darling skirt and Say Yeah top from Lady K Loves.
3) The Full Skirt – Take your pick from those on offer from Collectif (the Alison swing skirt is my favourite), Vivien of Holloway and Tara Starlet.
4) Gingham – Without a doubt, I’d head to Collectif for this one. Their Mia gingham skirt is gorgeous, and the Dolores doll dress comes in a super cute red gingham fabric.
5) Gypsy Ruffles – Vivien of Holloway’s gypsy top comes in every conceivable fabric and print, Valley Of The Dolls Hibiscns dress has the perfect 70s ruffles, and Tara Starlet’s pretty Sophia dress sneaks in at just under our budget.